Sunday, September 18, 2005

Just as I thought

I'm in trouble this morning. Not for posting at 1 AM but rather for being out til almost 1 AM. (sighs) It's not something that I do often... hell, I'm not even sure it's something I've done EVER in the time we've been together. It was supposed to be a short visit to a friends house to see her new puppy and to peek in briefly on a small party. Yeah, yeah... I should have known it wouldn't turn out to be such. My best friend and I wasn't even sure we'd like these people that were at the party so we figured we would pop in and back out quick. Well, the people turned out to be rather cool and the clock just kept ticking.

There was a game of beer pong which I had never played and I must say I was rather good at. I didn't have to drink one single cup of beer. For those of you who haven't heard of beer pong... it goes like this... 10 cups of beer are arranged on each end of a table, in pyramid formation. You have one person on each end (or you can play doubles) and one person tries to sink the ping pong ball into a cup of beer at the other end of the table. If that person sinks it then the other person has to chug that cup of beer... then the empty cup is set aside. The game continues until one side is out of beer cups and that person or team loses and quite possibly is drunk.

As I said, I didn't have to drink one single cup (a blessing for my behind) of beer. Every time I threw I hit the cup and every time our opponent threw they missed. It was nothing but beginners luck, I know. But hey... we WON. I was chicken to test my luck with another game... after all I WAS the designated driver. OK, with that explanation of the game being out of the way... time to move on.

When I'm allowed to drink... I'm only allowed 2 drinks... no if, ands or buts about it. I had my two beers plus a few drinks of my friends beer as well... and when she played beer pong (she lost horribly) I helped her with just a couple swigs of her beer cups as well. I had eaten a good meal right before I had my beer and I spaced them out perfectly as to not even get a buzz. (unfortunately) Not only that... I smoked WAYYY too much. (<-- reads trouble) So needless to say... he's upset with me and he's sick (which makes me wayyyy sad) and I'm in trouble. He says I was just doing what I damn well please but I say I did damn good being in the situation I was in. Yes, I had a little more than my allowed two beers but why does that always have to be so set in stone? Yes, I smoked too much and he's tryin to get me on my way to quitting altogether. Yes, I suppose I was out too late but there wasn't a curfew set. OK... so if you look at this as there being no "gray" area... I suppose I did just totally disobey. I don't know... I'm just rambling and tryin to work it out in my head. That's what I started this blog for anyhow... for me to ramble and get things off my chest. No one has to read this if they don't want to cuz it really is for me... I have to keep tellin myself that. If it's boring there is always that little red "x" at the top right hand corner of your screen. Feel free to use it. (smirk)

0 Old Comments: