Wednesday, October 12, 2005

In My Life

John Lennon wrote this song in 1965, and while I'm neither old (the brat might disagree), or nostalgic, I've always found these lyrics moving. If you never heard this song, please, seek it out and listen. It's simple melody, lyricism, and message might touch you too.

There are places I remember
All my life though some have changed
Some forever not for better
Some have gone and some remain

All these places have their moments
With lovers and friends I still can recall
Some are dead and some are living
In my life I’ve loved them all

But of all these friends and lovers
There is no one compares with you
And these memories lose their meaning
When I think of love as something new

Though I know I’ll never lose affection
For people and things that went before
I know I’ll often stop and think about them
In my life I love you more

2 Old Comments:

Master Anakin likes John Lennon. I'll have to show him your post. This song really makes you think. I think it's beautiful.
I am more of a fleetwood mac kind of fan. Saw them in concert last year out in Calgary. Their songs touch me and are based on their real life experiences...

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12/10/05 4:31 PM  

You're not old? Since when? You became NOT old and someone didn't tell me?? Well, how dare they!!

A seriously beautiful song hon. I love this one!

"In my life I love you more"

Your little one

By Blogger little one, at 13/10/05 6:14 AM