Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Some news

I received the phone call late last night that I'd been waiting for. My Goddaughter's Daddy called and said she's out of the coma. *thankful sighs* However, they're not sure as to the extent of brain damage yet. I feel like someone has punched me in the stomach and knocked the wind right out of me. I'm so thankful she's awake but damn, brain damage! The question, "Why do bad things happen to good people?" rings true here. This girl has it all. A wonderful life and wonderful parents. At 14 years old I've never seen a teenager have it all together like this one. Plays every sport there is, in every club that she could be in, straight A student and has a huge heart. I can't imagine her any other way. She's SO vibrant. I just don't understand. What's the reason for this? For this family to suffer like this? They've never hurt a soul in their life.

It seems my Godson is doing better than his sister. He seems to have recovered a great deal from his stroke. They think he'll end up just fine in that area... with lots of time of course. He had surgery on his leg yesterday and seems to have weathered that well. He'll have to have several more surgeries on it. He won't play football again which will be a huge devastation to him but he's wiser than his years so he will adapt I'm sure. Him and his sister will help each other through this time in their young lives. They're very close. The whole family is. They'll be OK emotionally... of that I'm certain.

Their Mother is doing pretty well now. She had surgery on her arm yesterday. They don't think she'll ever have full use of it again. They haven't touched her leg yet, which is going to be a real mess. She's finally stable enough for the surgeries so I'm sure that will be starting soon.

I know I should be, and AM thankful they're still here with us but I seem to be focusing on the dimmer side of things here. I'm still angrier than I thought I was. Of course finding out last night that the guy who ran them over tested positive for pot and had been two days without sleep doesn't help any. Where's the justice in that going to be?

I'm trying hard to focus on the good and I know I'll be able to soon. The other news just has to sink in first I think. I really am thankful they're still here. I still need to be there. I still want to be there... and I still can't be.

Please keep them all in your prayers. I would appreciate it very much... as would they.

I will be out of town starting tomorrow morning for several days tending to family matters and doubtful I will have internet access... so blog on folks... I want lots to read when I get back.

Happy Tuesday everyone.

6 Old Comments:

little one,
Big hugs sweetie! I'm glad you got some news but that must be scary for you with what you were told. I really feel for you. I hope this trip goes ok for you. Is Guy going with you?
Sorry to hear about the guy who ran them over. I am a libra and believe in justice...that guy will get his one day..he'll have to live with what he did...that's terrible...
My heart really feels for you...big, big hugs...

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 18/10/05 12:36 PM  

My prayers and good thoughts definitely go out to you and the family.

It is so hard not to get angry when you find out something like this was caused by anothers careless inconsideration for others!!!

I lost a dear friend to a drunk driver, and I know how hard it can be to deal with the anger.

As for bad things happening to good people, it seems that way so often. The drunk I was referring to came out practically unscathed. She on the other hand died instantaneosly, at the age of 23. She was just on her way to work!

I really feel for you little one, if you need to talk you can email me anytime, the address is on my profile.

Take care.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 18/10/05 10:30 PM  

Just a brief note to let you know that you are in my thoughts....

By Blogger naughty_one, at 18/10/05 11:00 PM  

shyanne, thank you... I hope the guy who did this to them has a REALLY hard time living with himself. Often times, people like this can just go one without second thought.

I hope you're feeling better. Take care while I'm gone and I'll talk to ya when I get back. *hugs*


Janeen, thank you for your thoughts and prayers, they're much appreciated. I'm SO sorry to hear you lost a friend to a drunk driver. That is the most infuriating, senseless tragedy! I'm assuming and hoping the anger does, eventually subside? I'm not an angry person and don't like feeling like this. Thank you for the email offer. That's very kind of you.


naughty_one, thank you very much. I appreciate it.

By Blogger little one, at 19/10/05 5:56 AM  

Yes, the anger does subside, sorry I didn't mention that in my previous post. It took quite a long time for me, but then again I didn't have Will to help me through it at the time.

Guy will help you, it's obvious how much you both mean to each other.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 19/10/05 8:57 AM  

little one,
I hope your trip goes ok.
After my car accident I got a shock one day. The girl who had driven into us phoned me. She got my phone number from legal forms for the accident. She phoned me to apologize! I was really in shock. She told me she had a hard time getting back into driving again. She was worried about my son and how he was. She had just gotten her licence and ran the stop sign. It had helped me at the time to deal with my accident knowing she took acountability for it. I hope that person who did it will do the same...
My best wishes are with you little one...take care...and big hugs..

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 19/10/05 12:17 PM