Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Thanks

OK, so after posting my little anger-rant-mad at God-shaking my fists at death post and all your wonderful, kind, heartfelt, thoughtful, caring, considerate, attentive, sympathetic and helpful (I think you get the idea) comments I think I'm going to find my way through yet another death of a close loved one.

I think I've stumbled my way through the anger phase, for now anyway. That's not to say that I won't venture back down that path again, but I'm trying to get past that and look at it in the way that I had to look at my Dad's death... at least he's not suffering now, and all I want for him is to be at peace, and he is. All I want for his family is for them to find that peace in knowing that his pain is over. I know my Mother with be there, in her wonderful, attentive way, for his grieving family. I only wish that I could be there for them as they were for me during my Dad's illness and death. I've accepted the fact (knowing I don't have to like it, but have accepted it) that I can't be and they without doubt understand that being 400 miles away now it just isn't possible. It makes me sad of course, but they have my Mother, which makes me feel just a little bit better about it all.

So to all of you that left your heartfelt sympathies, thank you! You're all wonderful people and I'm blessed to have met all of you through this thing we do. It's nice to know that readers aren't only there through the fun spanky stuff, but they come back and offer advice, sympathy, hugs and so much more when times are tough and not so fun. Thanks again y'all!

And now back to our regularly scheduled program...
(If we have such a thing around here!)

0 Old Comments: