Saturday, December 10, 2005

Opportunity and Defining Moments

I can’t honestly explain the feelings that compel this post, but there’s a sense of peace and joy in me that’s undeniable and begs sharing… It could be my sense of mortality that’s led me to getting this before you this morning, and perhaps that’s what this post is all about… a sense of opportunity and sharing and defining moments and more…

It started with me musing about defining moments… those brief instants in our existence that can set our paths for a lifetime; some are horrific… some are bliss… all are nonetheless profound… somehow the concept of marriage wound into these thoughts… not marriage as a defining moment, but the deep intent of marriage… which is to me, a declaration before the community of a bond that’s good and full of hope… This post, then, is a declaration to MY little one and to you… in joy and hope and more…

Defining moments… they’re called tipping points these days, but there have been many names. We attribute the characteristics of our spiritual and intellectual and emotional and physical beings to them in an attempt understand ourselves when, in simple fact, the event itself becomes our essence.

Now I’m not talking about the day to day routine moments. While they define us too, and so often obscure our focus, I’m talking about the ones we think of as providence or miracles or fate or kismet, and how our choices, good and bad, bring us to these crossroads. Ready or not, here we come… Ready or not, here we are. Make a choice and accept the consequence. The act of not choosing, now or ever, can be a defining moment too.

I’ve said enough now, I think, to let you have your own thoughts and your own way with your own destiny… what I really wanted to tell you all and MY little one was this incontrovertible truth of me:

Oh MY beloved

Every moment in my life led me to you, and I am thankful and blessed beyond my ability to express… the joy and peace I know in the gift of you and in your love. I wanted everyone to know it too. You are the defining moment of my life.
_______________________________________________________________

Now my dear friends… if you feel this way too, please seize the opportunity to tell the one you love…

Blessings to you all… g

0 Old Comments: